Skip to main content
- County Line and Ward cross country ski trail systems are dog friendly. The Skyway ski trail system is dog-free by consensus of our ski community. There are many non-GMNC trails on Grand Mesa that are also dog-friendly.
- The USFS requires dogs to be on a 6’ leash in parking lots and at trailheads.
- On the cross country ski trails, USFS policy requires dogs to be physically restricted or in sight and under voice control at all times. Dogs must yield to all other trail users.
- You must clean-up after your dog.
- Dogs can be an unpredictable hazard to skiers. Please keep your dog under control and clean up after your dog.
- In case of a dog bite, call or text 911. Report incident to Animal Control in Delta County (970-847-2015) or Mesa County (970-242-4646).