The ski school of Grand Mesa Nordic Council is looking for a cross-country ski instructor. It’s a contract (1099), seasonal position with opportunities for creating your own client base as well as designing and managing own ski clinics.
- Ability to pass local, state and federal background check.
- SafeSport certified.
- Minimum PSIA Level 1 Cross Country Ski Instructor certification or U.S. Ski and Snowboard Level 100. If without PSIA or USSA certification, a commitment to attain Level 1 PSIA certification within the first season. Alpine, Snowboard or Telemark instructors interested in branching out invited to apply.
- Even proficiency in classic and skate styles of cross country skiing.
- Adaptive experience given priority.
- Strong people skills.
- First Aid and CPR certification.
Work environment and benefits:
- Instructors receive at least 50% of the lesson price.
- Ability to create and maintain own client base.
- Ability to create clinics and group programs.
- In-house training provided at no cost through GMNC’s own PSIA RM XC Trainer/Examiner.
- Self-managed work environment with full support from the Ski School Director.
BIPOC applicants encouraged to apply to help us better serve our skiing community