This ski clinic is for new skiers that would like to learn how to glide on skate skis. Your instructor will provide you with fundamental movements to get you skate skiing with some level of initial efficiency. You will also learn how to slow down and stop on your skate skis.
Audience: Beginner skate skiers at County Line Trailhead
Instructor: GMNC ski https://gmnc.org/events/skate-skiing-beginners
Clinic time and duration: 10 am - 12 noon. Note: To maintain small group sizes, your class may be from 1 pm to 3 pm. You will receive an email with your clinic start time a few days prior.
Maximum participants per instructor: 10 skiers
Registration deadline: November 24, 2021
- Ability level: any ability level.
- Gear: a pair of skate skis, ski poles for skate technique (your height in ski boots in cm x 0.89), skate ski boots.
- You will be asked about your COVID-19 status or potential exposure prior to participation. If you were exposed to COVID-19 or are experiencing symptoms of a respiratory illness you will be asked to go home or stay home and you will be given full refund or credit.
- You are encouraged to express how you feel about the safety of the clinic.
- You are welcome to wear a mask at the clinic.
- Your clinic leader will take extra care prior to the event to stay healthy. We ask that you do the same.