This ski clinic is for children 6-12 that would like to learn how to glide on classic skis. The instructor will provide young skiers with fundamental movements for gliding, slowing down and stopping through games and practice. This will be a fun experience of learning how the classic style of cross country skiing can propel a skier into the winter fun on the classic track of the groomed trails.
There are two cross-country ski techniques (styles):
- Classic ski technique: your arms and legs swing in opposition called a "diagonal stride"
- Skate ski technique: you push off each ski in a V pattern, resembling rollerblading or ice skating
Audience: children 6-12 on classic skis. Children with disabilities are welcome, please call Martin (clinic leader) at 970-201-8113 if you think that your child would require special accommodations.
Instructor: GMNC ski instructor: Martin Wiesiolek
Clinic time and duration: 10:30 am to 12 noon-ish
Maximum participants per instructor: 9 skiers
Registration deadline: January 8, 2021
- Ability level: Ability to stand upright.
- Gear: A pair of classic skis, ski poles for classic technique (skier's height in ski boots in cm x 0.83), classic ski boots.
COVID-19 Safety Protocol:
- Parents or guardians of participating children will be asked about COVID-19 status or potential exposure prior to participation. If a child was exposed to COVID-19 or is experiencing symptoms of an illness, we ask that you stay home and you will be given full refund/credit of your participation fees.
- Clinic size will be limited to 9 participants.
- Parents and guardians are encouraged to express how they feel about the safety of the clinic.
- On-snow ski practice will be organized in a manner that never places participants closer than 6 feet from each other.
- Learning area will be setup to enhance physical distancing best practices.
- The entire clinic will be held strictly outdoors, on snow.
- The clinic leader will require all participants to wear face masks. Please make sure that your child brings a face mask to the clinic.
- Your clinic leader will take extra care prior to the event to stay healthy. We ask that you do the same.